The historical record tracks back to 2009 when Miško Hevery and Adam Abrons published the project called <angular>. The project aimed to help both developers and designers build web applications by simply using the HTML tag. And it was officially released in 2010 by Google engineers.
Since 2010, the framework has been helping developers turn HTML-based documents into dynamic content. It synchronizes data automatically with models and views, making development extremely easy and fast.
Thereafter Google has released several versions of Angular at regular intervals, all aimed towards enhancing the modern development experience for developers. Currently, we have the Angular 9 version after a great response for Angular 8.
Why is AngularJS Gaining Popularity?
By offering a wide range of functionalities, features and benefits, AngularJS Framework has gained an amazing admiration for itself. All these together have made Angular not only popular for building web applications but one of the most useful services for front-end development. Further, it has also been amongst the top programming languages.
Let’s have a look at some of the prime features.
- Progressive Web Apps: This modern platform can be used to deliver app-like experiences with zero-step installation and high-quality performance.
- Build Native: It is easy to build native mobile apps with strategies from Ionic, Cordova or NativeScript.
- Desktop App: By using native OS APIs, developers can create desktop-installed apps for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Speed & Performance
- Universal: The framework offers the first view of your app on Node.js, .NET and PHP for near-instant rendering in HTML and CSS. Further, SEO optimization is also taken care of.
- Code Splitting: With Component Router which offers instant code-splitting, apps made with Angular load faster.
- Templates: The framework creates UI views with easy and robust template syntax.
- Angular CLI: This command line tool builds fast, adds components, tests and then instantly deploys.
- IDEs: Angular helps in attaining intellectual code completion, instant errors and some other feedback in editors as well as IDEs.
Full Development Support
- Animation: By using intuitive API, the developers can create high-performance animation timelines with very little code of Angular.
- Accessibility: The framework is helpful in creating accessible apps with ARIA-enabled mechanism and developer guides.
This was the technical perspective of the Angular framework. Now let’s have a look at
The Benefits of Using Angular for Web App Development
Security: Security is always the topmost concern when it comes to development. The Angular framework understands this well by being more focused on data security and related data distribution of the business.
Declarative User Interface: when it comes to the app’s UI, Angular is declarative and intuitive as compared to other frameworks. It uses HTML for UI so that the developers spend less time on program flows.
Integration: With Angular, easy integration with third-party features like Telerik’s Kendo UI, Ionic, Famo.us, Wijmo etc. is quite easy. These, along with others, are pre-built into the framework.
Go Angular For Efficient Web Development
When you have a project in your mind, you need to think about several perspectives including scalability, durability, loading time, security and convenience.
Are you ready to take an Angular leap?
Get in touch with our AngularJS experts and make the most of your next web app project.