Read on to understand the differences between these two powerful programming languages and their respective advantages and disadvantages.
What is TypeScript?
- Microsoft-sponsored open-source project
- A tool built specifically for small scripts.
- Supports classes, interfaces, and modules.
- Cross-compilation is supported.
Features of TypeScript
Typescript offers tremendous maintainability, productivity, and scalability to developers. With its optional Static Type Annotation/Static Typing feature and support for ES6 & interfaces, sub-interfaces, classes, and subclasses, the development of HTML5 applications is more efficient than ever. Rich Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) are also available, equipped with advanced autocomplete capabilities and code navigation features. It even helps in bug prevention while increasing the discoverability of existing codes.
- Compatible with JS libraries and API documentation.
- Improved code structure and object-oriented programming techniques
- Enhanced development time tool support
To Sum Up