Top 8 Full-stack Development Trends in 2023 – JS Panther
With full-stack development, businesses can create various software solutions under an affordable budget. Full-stack development has become a dominating choice for creating a range of software solutions by providing agile and quick solutions with mobile-friendly interface designs.
If you are creating a software solution, you must stay up-to-date with the latest full-stack development trends. The constant introduction of new technology tools and their various applications has made software development trends necessary for diverse business industries.
What is Full-Stack Development? An Overview of the Technology
Full-stack development technology refers to an amalgamation of various technology tools that a unified team of developers can use to build both the front and back end of the application.
Full-stack developers have hands-on experience in creating user-friendly graphic interface designs and also creating a robust backend that powers the app with exceptional performance. Organizations today are on a mission to Hire Full Stack Developers who can navigate multiple tech platforms and are adept at managing projects.
Apart from all these, full-stack developers are experts in upcoming technology trends and can single-handedly lead the entire development project. Leveraging the latest trends in full stack development helps you build advanced high-performance applications and keep your solution future-proof.
Here are the Latest Trends in Full Stack Development
Full-stack development technology is constantly evolving, so there’s always something new emerging for technology enthusiasts. This article discusses the top trends in full-stack software development for 2023 and influencing the technology world.
1. Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence and its diverse application remain at the top of the full-stack development trends for 2023. We use artificial intelligence applications in various ways and are hooked on them. For example, Alexa, Siri, and Google Voice Assistant are all based on AI applications.
Using AI in software applications automates several tasks and activities and helps to create an application with high UX. Some standard examples of AI in software development solutions are maps and navigation, facial recognition, search recommendations, and more.
Some Facts about AI
- AI development is attributed to John McCarthy of MIT
- The revenues from the global AI software market will be 126 billion U.S. dollars in 2025.
- Python, Java, and Scala are popular languages software development companies use for AI development.
- AI startup growth has accelerated 14-fold since 2000.
2. Blockchain Technology
Blockchain is a decentralized technology that lets you store and manage data with maximized security. It is primarily involved in banking and fintech-based applications, where data security is paramount. Over the years, various full-stack applications have been developed that use blockchain technology to offer added security to users.
Some Facts about Blockchain Technology
- A group popularly known as Satoshi Nakamoto developed blockchain in 2008.
- The global blockchain market size is to generate revenue of over $94.0 billion by 2027 (expected).
- Python, C++, Ruby, and Go are ideal languages for blockchain projects
- The world has spent $6.6 billion on blockchain technology solutions in 2021.
3. Low-Code Development
Low-code development benefits businesses with high-quality development cycles at a quicker pace. This saves the development project from unnecessary delays and ensures the fastest time-to-market for the software development idea. Low-code development practices provide greater transparency into the software development process.
Some Facts about Low-Code Development
- Gartner reports that by 2023, over 50% of all medium & large-scale businesses will use some form of low-code development platform as a primary platform.
- Low-code platforms can reduce app development time by as much as 90% with the help of mobile app development companies.
- Its market value is expected to reach $36.43 billion by 2027.
- Visual Lansa, Google App Maker, Zoho Creator, and Mendix are popular low-code platforms.
4. Progressive Web App Development
PWA has been a key trend in full-stack development 2023 for several years. Progressive web applications are web apps that act and function like native mobile apps. They function via scripts called services workers which are an integral part of their core structure. Unlike regular web apps, they can be engineered for offline accessibility, push notifications, and direct access via home-screen shortcuts. Thus progressive web apps are hard to distinguish from native apps and are among the most notable new full-stack development trends in 2023.
Some Facts about PWA Development
- Web pages load two to four times quicker with PWA.
- Alibaba saw a 300% increment in the engagement rate from daily visitors.
- Treebo hotel chain witnessed four times greater conversion with PWA.
5. Augmented Reality
Augmented Reality is among the key full-stack development trends to watch out for in 2023, which are dominating the world of eCommerce development. Various global brands and startups use augmented reality as part of their technology solution to gain a competitive edge in the market.
For example, the IKEA app gives users clear insights into how furniture would look in specific locations. Similarly, the Sephora app allows users to view and try different cosmetics over digital reality.
Some Facts about AR Development
- By the end of 2023, we will have 1.4 billion AR device users.
- 70% of users feel AR provides benefits.
- The major AR users lie in the 16-34 age group.
- The Augmented Reality market’s revenue is expected to be $340 billion by 2028.
6. Serverless Technology
You can use serverless technology for creating end-to-end applications. As the name suggests, apps developed using it do not require server maintenance and are ideal for developing both the client & server sides of the applications.
The technologies used to manage requests in the front end are Amazon Web Services (AWS) Lambda, Google Cloud Functions, etc. For the backend development of the project, you can rely upon Amazon DynamoDB, Google Cloud Firestore, or Azure Cosmos DB databases.
Some Facts about Serverless Technology
- The serverless architecture market size crossed the $9 billion mark in 2022.
- Netflix, Coca-cola, and Nordstrom trust serverless technology for their digital presence.
- The CAGR of serverless technology is 26% from 2023 to 2032.
- Node.js, Express, and Sails.js are ideal for developing the runtime server environment of JS-based applications.
8. Super App Development
Super apps are becoming extensively popular among Gen X, Millennials, and Gen Z in full stack development trends. They are easy to use and offer several advanced functional features over a single platform.
For example, with WhatsApp, you can do texting, eCommerce, and perform financial payments. Super apps have become a notable full-stack development trend in 2023 as they offer higher ROI. With full stack development tools and technologies, you can transform existing applications into super apps to tap the loyal customer base.
Some Facts about Super App Development
- About 38% of users are concerned about giving too much personal information to the application.
- The global super app market is expected to reach $722.4 billion by 2032.
- Super apps have a broad scope and can be covered to offer social networking, eCommerce, banking, transportation payments, and more over a single platform.
- You can develop a super app as a web app, PWA, native mobile app, or hybrid application.
These were some of the key trends in full-stack development that will dominate in 2023 and the coming years. Analyzing the trends help you understand the research and development shaping the technology industry. Leveraging them will benefit businesses to make a stunning online presence.
At JS Panther, Full Stack Development Company USA, we build high-scalable, future-proof web solutions. We transform your business ideas into handy solutions that streamline business processes efficiently. Our skilled developers have an average of 5+ years of experience in web development, and we offer 100% client control in all projects.